How to choose the baby toys? What makes the toys best? Which toys are the best for kid’s brain development or learning?
In this article, I am going to tell you how to choose the baby toys. Every kid loves to play with toys. There are a lot of toys on the market for kids. Some toys are made for educational purposes or some others are only for playing. Some toys change the kid's body and mind. So today I’d like to share how to choose the baby toys and be a wiser consumer while buying the toys.
Toy Shopping Tips
Shopping the baby toys isn't an easy task. To buy the best toys you have to make sure that what you are buying. Please, check out the below questions and answer.
What is your kid's age?
Mobiles, mirrors, rattles are the best toys for those kids who are less than one year. But on the other hand, the one-year-old babies are very interested in sorting, riding and pushes and pull type toys. At the same time, a one-year-old baby isn't like to play with puzzles, building systems toys, art and crafts sets, and dress up clothes etc. One year baby isn't capable of this kind of toys, they become frustrated. At first, make sure that how old your kid is? And while buying the toys check out the guidelines on the packaging. One more thing you have to keep in mind that what kind of toys your kids interested.
Is it safe?
It doesn't matter what your kid's age, but keep in mind that toys are safe. Before purchasing, toys make sure that they are sturdy construction, washable and safe finish. You have to avoid loose parts or removable type toys. Such as ribbons, strings, and cords longer than 6 inches those are very risky. You also avoid sharp toys because sharp toys are very dangerous. The high sound toys damage the hearing; keep in mind that 100 up decibels sound is injurious to health.
Toy Safety Tips
Shopping for the toys can be very exciting and enjoyable; on the other hand, it can be frustrating. There are thousands of toy products in the market as well as it's important to pick the right one for the right age kid. Toys safety depends on the kid's age. Sometimes older kid’s toys can be dangerous for the younger kid.
Here are some points to consider depending on the age of the kids:
Less than 3 Years Old:
- Kids under 3 years old always try to put any objects in their mouths. Avoid purchasing the toys those are made for older children which may have small parts that kids put their mouths as usual. It's very very dangerous.
- Never ever let the kid of any age play with broken balloons because of the choking danger.
- Avoid balls, marbles, and games with balls, that have a width of 1.7 inches or less.
- Avoid toys that have sharp edges and points.
Ages 3 to 5
- Don't buy brittle plastic type toys because it might easily break into small pieces.
- Buy “ASTM D-4236” marked toys. It means this product has been tested by a toxicologist.
- Tell the older kids to keep their stuff away from their younger sisters or brothers.
Ages 6 to 12
- If you want to buy a gun for your kids, make sure that the gun barrel or the gun is brightly colored so that it’s not confused with a real gun.
- If you want to buy a bicycle for your kids, buy also a helmet and make sure that your kids wear it.
- Teach your kids to put their toys in the safe zone so that they don't fall on them.
Anthony Maldonado has over Twenty Five (25) years of experience in the field of Education. He specializes in setting up Educational State. He is an expert in the area of developing strategies of Education. He is presently working at his own time as a private tutor at SmileTutor agency..