Buying car seat for the first time parents is really a hard decision. Parents are concerned about the utmost safety of their newborn babies and they are willing to spend extra bucks to ensure safety of their babies. These tips will help you to make a wise decision to buy the best yet affordable car seat.
- There are two types of car seats for newborn babies, i.e. all in one convertible car seat and a capsule car seat or a rear facing car seat. The all in one convertible car seat grows as your baby grows and you don’t need to spend more money to upgrade the car seat. But a capsule car seat or a rear-facing car seat lasts up to 2 years or 20 lbs weight whichever comes first.
If you are looking to save a few bucks then you can go for a convertible car seat. The only drawback with a convertible car seat is that you can’t carry it along with you in shopping malls or dining out. Whereas, you can carry an infant car seat along with you as it is comparatively lightweight and easy to carry.
- Another option for parents is to buy a travel system, like strollers combo. In travel system, you get a capsule car seat and a stroller. You can adjust the car seat in stroller as well you can use it as a car seat. This is a good option, if you are looking to buy a stroller for your newborn baby. It is much economical to buy a travel system instead of an infant car seat.
- Naturally you are concerned about the safety of your little angel and want to buy the safest car seat for your babies. All the car seats present on the market are tested and approved by FFA and the concerned authorities, so you should not be worried about the safety issues. But still if you want to buy the safest of all, then go for the latest models, as technology keeps on changing. The latest models are obviously designed with latest technology and safety techniques.
- You can have the best and affordable car seats under $250 as displayed by bestbabyessentials.com . There are premium models that are priced above $250, but it will only have additional features. So if you want to add extra comfort for your baby, then you can buy expensive car seats. Otherwise a normal car seat ranges from $200 to $250 would serve the purpose.
- Installation of car seat is not easy, as you have to make sure that you have installed the car seat properly. The new models from well known brands have introduced the Click Right systems that make a click sound if the car seat is harnessed properly. Furthermore, LATCH system makes the car seat installation easier for parents as you don’t have to use the seat belt to adjust the car seat in the car.
- Sideways protection is really necessary as during crash the kid is vulnerable to injuries from sideways as compared to any other side. So while buying a car seat, always look for the sideways protection pads and steel frames that can provide extra safety to your little ones.
- If you are buying a convertible car seat for a newborn baby, then always check for an additional infant head rest insert. It provides extra safety to support head and spine of a baby and save them from extra jerks.
- The best convertible car seats come with 5 point harness system. Always buy the car seat that has two shoulder and two waist straps and one strap between the legs.
- Always go for the car seat that has washable car seat covers. The baby car seat covers get dirty very often, so go with the ones that are machine washable.
I hope that these tips will help you to buy the best car seat for your babies in a reasonable price.