10 Best Biodegradable Laundry Detergents
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest

10 Best Biodegradable Laundry Detergents

Your selection of laundry detergent may be a decision that you don't put much thought towards, but did you know that this decision can affect yours and your family's health? Non-biodegradable laundry detergents may also affect the environment around you. It is important to consider what chemicals your laundry detergent contains.

A study by Seventh Generation states that if all U.S. households replaced a petroleum-based bottle of detergent with a plant-based bottle of detergent, 149,000 barrels of oil could be saved. This is a large amount of oil - enough to heat and cool approximately 8,500 homes for a full year!

Luckily, there are many plant-based biodegradable laundry detergents to choose from. Many of these are scented and easy to use as well.

1. Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Laundry Detergent

Meyer's Clean Day cleaning products are another brand that has long been known for their eco-friendly cleaning products. 97% of these detergents will come from plants while the remaining 3% are petroleum-based. 7 different scents of this detergent are offered. One of the most popular scents was lemon verbena which was notably good-smelling. Unfortunately, a scent free option is not offered.

However, this product is one of the best-smelling laundry detergents, so you won’t have to worry too much about not liking it.

2. Method 4x Concentrated Laundry Detergent

This is a detergent that provides a nearly 100% plant-based makeup. The container is even made of 100% recycled plastic. This is a good option for your biodegradable detergent. Upgrade to the Method 8x Concentrated Laundry Detergent for an even stronger, more concentrated detergent.

3. Seventh Generation Free and Clear Laundry Detergent

Seventh Generation is an eco-friendly brand that can be trusted. 97% of this product is plant-based. If you aren't after the good-smelling nature of laundry detergents or have sensitive skin, give the Seventh Generation unscented detergent a try.

4. Charlie's Soap

If you prefer a powdered laundry detergent as opposed to a liquid detergent, look no further than Charlie's Soap. Liquid detergents tend to work better but if you are on the road for extended periods or on a long camping trip, powdered detergents may be the right choice. Charlie's Soap is USDA organic as well.

5. Tide PurClean

Tide is one of the most popular brands of detergent. It is a brand that everyone trusts to provide them with clean clothes. While Tide PurClean is considered an eco-friendly detergent, it is only 65% plant-based and the other 35% is petroleum-based. This is less green than other options but provides the same effective cleaning as the conventional Tide detergent.

6. The Honest Company Free and Clear Laundry Detergent

Sensitive skin a great consideration when selecting the laundry detergent that is right for you. If you have babies or young children, this is a great candidate as it is specifically designed for those with sensitive skin.

7. Grab Green Natural 3-in-1 Laundry Detergent Pods

Laundry detergent in pod form is the easiest, most consistent way to do your laundry. Simply throw one pod in the machine instead of measuring liquids or powders. These pods are made up of natural ingredients free of phosphates, chlorine or dyes. The scents are made up of essential oils providing you with a natural, good-smelling scent.

8. Indigo Wild Zum Clean Laundry Soap

This laundry detergent is rated as one of the best-selling biodegradable laundry detergents on the market. The natural ingredients include coconut oil, baking soda, vegetable glycerin, and borax. The coconut oil is sure to leave your clothes feeling soft after your wash.

9. Biokleen Laundry Liquid

The most budget-friendly biodegradable laundry detergent is the Biokleen Laundry Liquid. Containing citrus and grapefruit seed extracts, this detergent is sure to have your clothes feeling fresh.

10. Whole foods 365 2X Concentrated Laundry Detergent

Whole Foods provides their own in-house brand of detergent. Unfortunately, you will need to go to Whole Foods to get your hands on it. Available in lavender scent as well as unscented, you will have your clothes clean all while taking care of your skin and smelling good.

It is important to look into what laundry detergent you purchase. Toxins in your laundry room may be affecting your health. Keep this in mind and use this list of the 10 best biodegradeable laundry detergents to help you make the right selection for yourself.

Image Source: DepositPhotos.com

Share this article!!!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit
Monika Wrobel
Monika Wrobel

I’m Monika Wrobel, Pediatrician and also a mother of two kids from Texas. Due to my profession and also for being a mother I have a close relation with children. Most of the time the parents ask me for the suggestion which baby care products is the best for kids. I have tried to give some review of products, which I recommend in real life and also I have used for my own kids.



More Articles.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top